Aims and objectives
Our aim is to make the transition from life in all three of the armed forces and the emergency services, into civilian life, as smooth as possible. Our Mission Statement outlines our beliefs and aspirations for all those CMVES works with.
The College for Military Veterans and Emergency Services (CMVES) – often referred to as ‘the College’ – has six key objectives
- To facilitate ex-Service personnel to reach future aspirations in civilian life through additional educational/occupational opportunities by maximising Service experience and qualifications and take opportunities to establish Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs).
- To provide opportunities for employment in a range of organisations including the public sector.
- To provide education/guidance for personnel who deliver specific areas of expertise e.g. Welfare.
- To work in partnership with Further and Higher Education institutions, NHS Trusts and businesses to enhance the transition process for ex-Service personnel and their families.
- To work with staff in the emergency services to guide on future training and employment opportunities.
- To undertake research at a national and international level.